CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Jazz Puerto Rico Brings ¡Sabor! to Momo's



I went to Momo's on September 28, 2010, my usual Tuesday night hang out, to see what Bemba Entertainment had in store. The line up listed Jazz Puerto Rico, Cerronato and Bubba Hernandez y Los Super Vatos. Now I'm real familiar with Cerronato and Bubba Hernandez, they are a couple of most my favorite bands that I always enjoy seeing. Jazz Puerto Rico ,though, peaked my interest. I had never heard of the band and really didn't know what type of music they played. Well, it turns out that Jazz Puerto Rico plays Salsa, Cha Cha and Merengue. I've heard and seen several "Salsa" bands and some are good and some are so-so. Jazz Puerto Rico is really good. I was totally impress with their music and musicianship. I liked their sound, the variety of music and they were tight or seamless. When it comes to bands, I like a band with a brass section. The Jazz Puerto Rico section had three trombones and a baritone sax. This band could hold their own in any Salsa club anywhere. The only thing that concerned me about Jazz Puerto Rico was that they are not an active participant in social media. There's just no information on the web. I guess my blog and YouTube videos may be a beginning? Jazz Puerto Rico is a great band and definitely deserves to be seen and heard.

Check out a sample of their performance:






Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Ken Mills said...

Manny - Thanks very much for posting these videos on Youtube. Randy Zimmerman has a website, including a page regarding Jazz PR (just one of his numerous ensembles): zmanmusic.com (I'm one of the other 2 trombone players in the vids who isn't Randy.) By the way, there are at least 2 Jazz PR CDs of original material, and I think another one is in the works. Thanks again.