CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Este Vato, The Raspas and Stars Collide at Trophy's



I went to Trophy's Bar and Grill, one of my favorite Austin music venues because of it's comfortable neighborhood bar atmosphere, on September 18, 2010. I specifically went to see three bands on the line-up that night. The first was my favorite Austin Latin Fusion band, Este Vato. The second band was The Raspas, a Reggae band I first saw about a year ago at The Amsterdam. Lastly, Stars Collide, a rock band I hadn't seen but has been on my "must see list." Frank "FAAR" Ramirez, drummer for Este Vato is also the drummer for Stars Collide.

It was a great night for music. There was a festive crowd, it's always friendly and there's a feel or a bond among the crowd because they all know and follow the same bands. They feel comfortable yelling, screaming encouragement at the bands and definitely like dancing to their music.

Check out Trophy's, it' on South Congress Ave., Este Vato, The Raspas and Star Collide soon. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Este Vato introduced two new songs. The first "Levántate," which they have worked on for about a month. The second song, with no title as of yet, they wrote the night before. I really like both songs because they have a strong solid sound and beat. The two songs are definitely Este Vato trademark songs.





The Raspas "Poor Man Style" a great Reggae song that has become a favorite.



Stars Collide has a strong Rock sound and singer. They perform the song, "Better."



For more videos on this and other performances go to: YouTube MannyGoCrazy Channel.


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: