CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Este Vato CD Release Party at Mi Casa


Bemba Entertainment and Este Vato, Austin's best Latin Fusion band, is having a CD Release Party to promote and celebrate their music. This CD Release Party will be the "Mother" of all CD release parties and keep in mind "What happens in Mi Casa, stays in Mi Casa."

Venue: Mi Casa Cantina located at 503 E. 6th Street in Austin, Texas

Musical Line-up:
Este Vato, Piñata Protest and Mexican Stepgrandfather

Date
: June 5, 2010

Time: 10:00 PM till they kick us out

Cost: Free - over 21 and $5 - under 21 years of age

Este Vato is officially debuting their self titled CD, "Este Vato," this Saturday and performing the songs from the CD plus new material. Este Vato specializes in Latin fusion, Mexican Cumbia and Rock with a skilled Emcee and a DJ to give their music more depth and uniqueness. I can honestly say there is no other band like Este Vato or comes close. They have already established themselves as a premier band in the Austin music scene and this new CD gives Este Vato the complete promotional package every band strives for. Este Vato is a must see musical experience.



Piñata Protest is another favorite band. I came across the band at In The Flesh Tattoo Studio loft a couple of years ago. When I heard they were a Punk/Rock/Conjunto band, I needed to see them. They are amazing and I catch them whenever they're in Austin. Piñata Protest is another unique band. I can't say I've ever heard a band like Piñata Protest before and was glad to see them again at Pachanga Latino Music Festival 2010 on May 22, 2010. Piñata Protest also has a new CD, "Plethora," out at this time and put them in the must category as well.



I first saw rapper Marco Cervantes, aka Mexican Stepgrandfather a couple of years ago at the Flamingo Cantina with Este Vato. I really liked MSG's lyrics, music and style. MSG was different. He was not a young teen or a twenty something, he is a mature brother, he is originally from Houston but lives in San Antonio, Texas and more interesting is the fact that Marco Cervantes is Assistant Professor of Mexican American Studies at University of Texas San Antonio (UTSA). MSG combines all these factors in his music and tells a story of the immigrant struggle and personal life experiences. You have to see MSG. Also, a must see performer.

The last time I saw Rocky Reyna of Este Vato, I told him I'd like to see an Este Vato show with Mexican Stepgrandfather. Thanks to Rocky for fulfilling my request and with such a special event.



I like a lot of bands and I have a lot of favorites. I especially like out of the ordinary bands. This event has three unique and exceptional bands that will provide a night of extraordinary entertainment, dancing and fun you'll remember for a long time. You will also become avid fans of these groups as I have. Hope to see you there.


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: